Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hebrews 11:1

What is Hope? Merriam-Webster defines it as: to cherish a desire with anticipation; to desire with expectation of obtainment; to expect with confidence...
What is faith? Merriam-Webster says its: alligiance to duty or a person; firm belief in something to which there is no proof; complete trust.

So, I have hope that everything is going to work out. I don't know how, but I have hope. I cherish this desire with anticipation:) I also have the faith in God to KNOW that He is going to prove Himself once again:) You see, He could have done what we thought He was going to, He could have come through for us the way we thought He said He was going to...had He chosen to do this, we (my family) would have KNOWN that is was God, completely God. But now, now He has set Himself up for the impossible. He has set Himself up to do something that everyone says can't happen, or won't happen. He has placed us in a position for a miracle! So now, it isn't going to be just my family that KNOWS it was God, but everyone that we have touched, everyone that is involved, and even those who arent. God has made sure that this way, He is going to recieve more glory than He would have before. This way, more souls will be saved, more lives will be touched. The playing field has just gotten bigger.

Hebrews 11:1 says: "Now faith is the confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." (NIV)
I love this version:) The Message says: "The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see."
Without my faith, my hope, my life isn't worth living. If I didn't have my hope, my faith in God, it would make these struggles, this life completely impossible for me to live. I thank God that I have Him. I thank God that even when everything else seems to fall apart, when I have a million questions, when I get angry and throw temper tantrums, when I, in my humanness, worry and doubt, that He is my constant. I am thankful that He never changes, that He never fails, that I am never to much for Him to handle. I am thankful for who He is!:)
I am learning who He is to me. You may know Him as your savior, as the One who loves you, anyone who has a relationship with Him knows this. But I am learning who He is to me, personally. To Me, He is my Constant. He is my rock. He is the One who sustains Me. When the storms of life are happening and the waves are crashing in on me, He is the Rock that I hide under. He is the One who keeps me safe, yes, I may get wet, but I will not drown:)

Who is He to you? Where is your hope? Your faith?

Broken but thankful,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment