Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Simple Obedience

I am learning that some people in my life, or that used to be in my life, do not understand obedience.  They do not understand what that really means.  It would look like I am just being stupid, ignorant. lazy, etc...because I do not have a job, I do not have a car, I am living with my sister, I am 32 years old, etc.  They measure happiness, they measure success based on "things," a house, a car, a relationship, a family, on what looks good, what looks fulfilling.  How many of these people are truly happy, even though they have those "things?"  They have decided that having those things right now is worth risking their very soul.  They don't understand the urgency of His coming.  They don't understand that there isn't time to play around and feed the flesh...the time is short!   What good is any of that if I have not listened to the Lord?  If I choose to have all those things, knowing that I am not in the very center of His will?  I am not saying that you can't have both, but for me, those things would require me to step out of His perfect will for my life, and that is something that I am not okay with.
This is what I do KNOW...I KNOW that God told me to move back to Waxahachie, I KNOW that He told me to be a part of FFI.  I know that the circumstances around that are not at all what I would have planned BUT I KNOW that I am exactly where God wants me.  I am learning to depend completely on Him!  Because of my obedience, although at times it has been neither swift nor severe, I have lost relationships and friendships simply because they did not understand my obedience...I can serve God anywhere, why would I stay in a place where I am alone, when I can go somewhere and have the things, or the love, that I want?  Because that isn't what God asked of me...I do believe that He would bless me wherever I was, that I would be happy...but I KNOW that I would always wonder, part of me would always regret...So, because of my obedience I have lost much, BUT I believe that I am gaining so much more.  I am learning myself in a new way.  I am learning my Father in a new way.  My obedience to Him allows Him to bless me more than I have ever dreamed!  Although, right now, the pain, hurt, rejection, etc. is sometimes more than I can bear, I keep my focus on the things that God has promised me.  I have to believe that there is no cost that is too great, no pain that will not be worth what He has in store for me.  I have to believe this, otherwise I don't think I could survive.
You just wait and see!  You watch what happens in my life, what God does in my life, the miracles that He will perform, the undeniable blessings from Him!  Knowing that He is smiling upon me is the greatest joy of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment