Monday, October 1, 2012

Sometimes

Sometimes life catches you by surprise.  Sometimes you think you are doing really well, you have moved on the best way you can, you've been obedient, tried to do everything you can to just be ok, better than ok, learn and just move forward.  And then before you know it, the one thing you've moved on from, the one thing that has been a constant reminder of who you were, what you had, what could have been, or shouldn't have been shows up on your doorstep.  It's crazy, how in one instant, one look, everything comes flooding back...the love, the hurt, the pain, the laughter, the memories, the tears, everything, overtakes your mind and brings you right back into the moment as if it was all happening at the same time right then and there...that's what happened to me.  Crazy.  It's funny though, although I wasn't prepared, and although it brought up so many things, I'm ok.  I'm better than ok.  I am a survivor, and in that moment, in those brief moments I realized that I am exactly where I am supposed to be, and the choices that I have made are the exact choices that God wanted me to make.  I am so thankful that a long time ago my pastor spent a year teaching me how to hear the voice of God, and then another year on how to obey that same voice.  I don't always obey it, but I always hear it...I am so thankful.  It's hard for me to understand people that don't hear His voice.  He wants so bad to talk to you, He wants so much for you to listen to Him.  He's always talking, but we aren't always listening.  He has a plan for our lives, but just as much as he has a plan, the enemy has just as big of plan for us.  As much as God wants us to succeed, Satan wants us to fail.  He wants us to make one bad choice that leads to another bad choice, that leads to another bad choice, etc.  However, my God is so good, that no choice is to great for His grace, for His mercy.  He is waiting for us to come back to Him, tell Him that we screwed up bad and then let Him bandage our wounds, pick us up, dust us off, and puts us on the right path again.  Yes, there are consequences to our actions, but never is it to late...We have to seek Him, get in His Word, spend time with Him until His voice once again becomes louder than our own voice, or the voice of the enemy.  HE IS STILL FAITHFUL!  This may all sound random, but it's what was on my heart today:)  I am thanful for His grace, for how far I have come, for His promises that He is still waiting to fulfill for me, and the dreams that He is still dreaming for me:)  THANK YOU GOD!

Dreaming with Him,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment