Saturday, September 15, 2012

Forgiveness

It's been a few weeks since I've written a blog, so I thought it was time:) I've been learning a lot about God, a lot about myself these past couple of months. I'm learning that forgiveness, true forgiveness, is a choice. A choice I have to choose to make everyday. It isn't forgetting what happened, or validating or justifying the other person, it's choosing to move forward, it's choosing to say, 'you know what? Yes, what you did was wrong, it hurt, but I forgive you. I let go. I choose to let go of the emotions that are attached.' I choose to only remember the good times. It isn't easy, in my flesh I want him to hurt like I hurt, I want him to feel what I feel. However, as a Christian, I will extend to him the same forgiveness that Christ has extended to me. I didn't deserve it, yet He still gave it. But like I said, it's a choice that I choose to make everyday.
I am also learning to trust like I haven't before. To trust that He knows best, that He has a plan, and as long as I am obedient, He will follow through with His promises. I am learning that trust is truly all that I need. He is my everything and in His time, all things will work for His good.
I am seeking Him with all that I am. I am going after Him, truly becoming a lover of His presence. I am discovering my purpose. My purpose, outside of Shawn, my parents, my sister, my nieces, and even Tracy. I am discovering what His purpose or My life is and it is a fun process!:).
Thank you all for walking through this journey with me, for your prayers, your thoughts, your support. I hope that this blog, my journey, has and will
continue to help you in whatever way God sees fit. Whether it's to show you that you are not alone, or to make you grateful for the life you have been given, to encourage, strengthen, and bless you...or to just make you feel something. Thank you for walking with me! My journey is not over by any means, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Dreaming with Him,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment