Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Grace

It's been a few weeks since I have posted anything...I don't know why, I don't have a job, but I have been busy...I'm volunteering my time at my church until I get my promised job;)  God has been doing amazing things in my life, I wish I could really just sit down and tell you everything that He's done, has been doing, etc.  But, since I can't and you probably don't have the time to just sit and read this blog for hours on end, I will share what I can! 
First, I just recently read a book that forever changed my life!  It's called "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge.  It's a book about how God created woman, and how we, as woman, should view ourselves.  My whole life I have dreamt BIG dreams, "impossible, unrealistic" dreams...mostly about my future husband and how 'perfect' he would be, how 'perfect' our lives would be together...throughout my life and certain circumstances, I gave up on those dreams, realized that maybe they really were unrealisitic in such a realistic world---even as a Christian.  This book changed all that for me!  This book helped me discover that all those dreams, were God given dreams to me.  The way I desire to be romanced, pursued, wooed.  The way I love and am loved, everything.  This is how God created me, as a woman, beautiful in HIS IMAGE.  I am created in His image.  Why wouldn't the God who created me, the One who knows me better than I know myself, know exactly how to win my heart?  When God created man, it still wasn't complete.  He created woman, and that was His final piece.  I was His final piece.  So much I learned through this book...it has forever changed my life.  I highly reccomend it--for every woman, to understand the very depths of your desires were truly given by God, and for men, to understand why woman are the way we are...and what we need from you. 
Second, He is enough.  God is enough for me.  I am 33 years old and single.  I have been single most of my life.  I have loved and I have been broken.  Yet, I have learned (still learning) that He is enough.  I am complete in Him.  He is the Lover of my Soul, the Romancer of my Heart.  When He chooses to bring a husband to me, that man will only compliment me, not complete me.  He will write my love story, because I have given Him the pen!  Everything that I need, every desire that I have is truly fulfilled by the Creater of my being.  I will live this time of my life, this time of "singleness" completely and soley for Him.  I will live my singleness with purpose, completely sold out to Him and His calling on my life!
Third, His grace is all suffiecient!  I am so thankful for it.  I would not be where I am without it!  I am seeing that as I look back on my life, just how important of a role His grace (and His mercy) has played in my life.  Because of His grace, I am single.  I know that may sound weird to some, but to me it makes perfect sense.  What 'could have been' would have been detrimental to the calling and anointing He has on my life. 
Fourth, I choose Him!  I chose Him:)  I chose Him.  That's a huge feat in my book!  I made the choice to follow Him with everything that I was, everything that I am.  Even in my brokenness, in my pain, I still chose Him.  I would like to say that it was an "easy" choice, but that would be a lie.  Choosing to give up love, a life of happiness and fulfiullment with a man who I loved, and loved me, not knowing if I would ever get this chance again...wasn't an easy choice, BUT I did it, or rather, in the beginning someone else made this choice for me, but ultimately I chose because in my heart, in my soul, I KNEW there was something more...I knew that He had a plan for me that was greater than the one I was living. 
Looking back, I can be confident in my choice.  I can be confident that the choice that I made to follow after Him, to STAY exactly where He told me to, when noone else understood, I chose.  I know now, that His promises for my 'happily ever after,' my 'dreams come true,' and 'beyond my wildest imagination,' are right around the corner...yes, obedience sometimes requires sacrifice, but it is so worth it!  I am not the same!  I am higher than I have ever been, happier and more content that I could have dreamed.  My only cry is for the soul of one who didn't make the same choice...he chose to follow after what he could see, what he could touch, what made sense, and now, his soul is lost and he doesn't even realize just how far...
Thank you God!  For you love, your passion, your desire for me:)

Dreaming His Dreams,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment