Friday, November 16, 2012

All the Glory!

Satan knows our weaknesses, so that's where he fights us the most.  For me, my weakness lies in my thoughts.  He fights me hard here---sometimes to the point of torment.  Maybe that's why I get headaches sometimes.  I don't know why it's my thoughts, it always has been, for as long as I can remember.  Believe me, I have come a long way.  I have the tools to know how to fight back.  I know what my "triggers" are.  I know that if I have too much "empty" time on my hands, my thoughts get a way with me.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I KNOW that God's plans for me are bigger than the ones I have for myself and I KNOW that His timing is perfect.  I KNOW these things, but sometimes I still feel defeated.  I was sad.  Sad that I still don't have a job, I'm car less, I'm living with my sister (not that I am not completely appreciative of this fact), that I am 33 and not at all where I wanted to be in my life at this time.  If you would have asked me a couple of years ago, I believed that "things were looking up."  I had a job, a car, was living on my own, and I had a boyfriend that I just knew I was going to marry.  Things were awesome!  And then everything changed...EVERYTHING changed.  God completely stripped me of everything---it didn't happen all at once, but it sure did feel like it!
Yesterday was a day that I kept allowing Satan to get in my head...I started to believe all of his lies...BUT today is a new day!  Today, as I was praying and reading my blogs, my journal, letters, etc, God reminded me that HE is still in charge!  I don't understand any of it, and some of it I brought on myself---just not being obedient immediately (which is disobedience).  I held on to somethings alot longer than I should have.  I am so thankful for His never ending love grace.  I began to allow Satan to use the very things that I have been forgiven of, and the very things that God has promised to do for me, to try and bring me down.  I had taken my eyes off of God and placed them on my circumstances.  I KNOW better than this-yet I did it anyways. 
In my prayer time today, I laid down on my bedroom floor and repented for not obeying God soon enough, for not letting go soon enough, for not "marrying Him" as completely as I should have this year, for not trusting Him enough.  I got up with the peace that passes all understanding.  I have, once again, been forgiven and have been extended His grace and His mercy.  His promises are Yes and Amen.  The things He has promised me, are still mine!  I am learning everyday more and more about who He is, who He is to me.  I am learning to lean on Him completely and live a life that is all His.  Knowing that He is ENOUGH!  He is enough for me.  I don't need a job, a car, a husband, etc.  All I need is Him.  Everything else is just a blessing from Him because He loves me.  
How many people truly learn this lesson?  How many people take for granted these "simple things?"  I'm not saying that when God does give me all those things (and He will as He has promised) that I will every moment of every day remember how blessed I am and not take one thing for granted, but I will try my very hardest to know how blessed I am.  I have promised to give Him all the glory when He fulfills every promise!  For my perfect (Kindergarten) teaching job, He will receive all glory.  For my car (my orange 2013 JEEP wrangler unlimited sahara edition-all decked out), He will receive the glory!  For the place I will call my own (home), He will receive the glory!  For my husband (perfect for me, amazingly handsome, romantic, sarcastically funny, on fire for God husband), He will receive the glory!  For the release (early 2013) of my brother, He will receive the glory!  For the salvation of my WHOLE family, He will receive the glory!  For the blessings that I don't deserve yet He gives me because He loves me, He will receive the glory! 
So, no matter what Satan tries to do, no matter how hard he fights me, HE WILL NOT WIN!  My God will receive ALL the glory!:)

To Him Be ALL Glory,

Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment