Friday, May 4, 2012

Pursuit

Pursue: to follow in order to overtake, to capture.


I have never really been pursued. I have never been “fought for.” The one relationship I have had, he didn’t really have to pursue me, and I was ready and waiting. He never had to fight for me, at times I feel like he didn’t fight when he should have, at times I feel like the sacrifice, the cost, that God was asking of him was too great, including me, the sacrifice he would have to make to be with me was too great. So, he didn’t fight…although I am sure that he would see things differently.

However, I know what pursuing something is like. I know what I want it to be like. I know that I want my future husband to pursue me with everything he is. I want him to fight for me, to want me to be a part of his life that nothing is too great; nothing is to hard; no cost is too high. Just like I want this from him, God wants, He desires this from me. So, I take that back…I have never been pursued by one of this world, fought for by one from this earth; however, I have been pursued by THE ONE who created this world, who created me. He has pursued me with every fiber of His being. When I walk away from him, when I reject him, He continues to pursue me because He loves me, because He wants me to be a part of his life so much that nothing is too great, nothing is too hard, no price is too high. In fact, He desires to pursue me so much that He gave up the life of His only Son. He fought for me. He pursued me. This feeling, knowing that someone loved me this much, that He has and will stop at nothing for me, overtakes me.

I want to pursue God, just as He pursues me. I want to overtake Him, to capture Him. To be so radically in love with Him, with His presence, that I cannot go one moment in my day without Him. I will pursue Him at any cost. His presence is everything to me. I want to set my heart on this one thing: that I can’t live without His presence. I want Him to be my passion. A passion with no compromise, that my heart will be set on one thing, and one thing alone. A pursuit of complete abandonment for Him, a passion for His presence. I can’t live without His presence, without His touch.

How is your pursuit of Him? Is there a cost, a price that is too high for you? He is pursuing you; will You allow Him to overtake You, to capture You? Are you willing to pursue Him in return? It’s a pursuit that I promise, you will never regret! There is nothing like it, nothing like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment