Tuesday, October 25, 2011

For granted...

I have learned alot over the past couple of months, actually over the past couple of years, but the past few months (almost 7 months) have been a time of stretching, of learning, or change, and so many more things. I have learned to not take anything for granted, or I am trying not to anyways. How many times have you walked outside just because you can? Do you know that there are men and women who haven't seen the sun in months, maybe even years? Last Wednesday was the first time that Shawn had seen the sun in 7 months. It was the first time in 7 months, he felt the wind blow across his face, the first time he heard the birds chirp. How many times have I taken all of those things for granted? Do you know that Shawn hasn't had the physical touch of friend, a hug, in 7 months? How many times have I taken for granted the physical touch, the hug, of a friend for granted? How many times have I taken for granted the freedom I have to choose what and when I want to eat? How many times have I taken for granted the sunrise and the sunset? How many times I have taken for granted the freedom I have to attend church and to worship Jesus the Almighty with my fellow friends and believers? Yes, I have been found guilty to take my physical freedom for granted; But I have also been found guilty of taking my spiritual freedom for granted.
Shawn has taught me that there is no sacrifice that is to great, there is no freedom that is to small. So, for Jesus and for Shawn I will strive to live to my fullest, not taking all the small things I am honored to be a part of, for granted.
Shawn has been transferred out of Ellis county to the Gurney Unit in Palestine, Tx. He was ready, that I know:) He was ready for a change, for something different, something new. Here, he will be able to go outside, etc. Here there seems to be more "freedoms" then where he was at. We haven't been able to talk to him, it will be about a month, but we are praying for him daily and believe that the Lord has gone before him. I know that the sooner he goes, the sooner we get this over with.
We are still waiting for God to perform His miracle. We know that He is going to, on His time:) So many things have already happened, I wish I could share it all with you, but the time will come for that:) God is already using Shawn's story, his website, to change lives. He is already preparing the way and opening the doors, getting things ready for when Shawn comes home! It has been amazing...opening doors for Shawn's book, turning his story into a film, a documentary, and so many other things. I know that Shawn's prayer, as well as the prayer of our family, is that God will recieve the ultimate glory through all of this...we believe that God is going to perform such a miracle that there will be no doubt that it was God. We believe that not only will our extended family and friends be changed and transformed through Shawn's story, our story, but people we have never met throughout the world! We believe that what satan has meant for evil, what he thought he would use to steal, kill, and destroy us, God has and is and will continue to only use for His glory! We are not the same! I know I am not the same and I know that Shawn is not the same! I know that God is changing the Quinney family and we are not the same!
I must go for now, but I will write again soon:)
Keep us all in your prayers and I will keep you all updated the best that I can.

Taking nothing for granted,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment