Friday, July 22, 2011

The Potters Hand

Isaiah 64:8 says, "Yet, O Lord, You are our Father, we are the clay, and You our Potter and we all are the work of Your hand." (Amplified)

How true this is...just when I think God, the Potter, is just about to perfect His masterpiece, me, finds some imperfection, no matter how large or how small it may be. Instead of just digging it out, covering it up, smoothing it over, the Potter chooses to start over...He smashes me down to nothing but a piece of clay, and he starts all over...it hurts, I hate it, and it isn't fun, but He wants His masterpiece to be just that, a Masterpiece.

This is where my life is right now, in this moment. God just smashed me down, everything I was, everything I knew, everything I had, or wanted, or dreamed about my life, He took it all in His hands and flattened it to nothing, so He can start all over. I hate these times, they aren't fun, they hurt, I think this one has hurt the worst, in fact I know it has, but He never promised it would be easy, He never promised that I wouldn't get hurt, He just promised that He would walk with me through it all. He promised to never leave me. So this is the journey that I am on...one of new discoveries, letting go, holding on, learning to trust His will to be done in Me no matter how hard it is or how long it takes.

This morning on my way to work I listened to this song over and over (accidentally hit repeat, but it must have been a God thing) and I had no idea, until that moment, what exactly this song means to me in this moment of my life:


One Thing Remains by Jesus Culture




Higher than the mountains that I face


Stronger than the power of the grave


Constant through the trials and the change


One thing remains


One thing remains




Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me




On and on and on and on it goes


It overwhelms and satisfies my soul


And I will never have to be afraid


One thing remains




In death and in life I'm confident and covered


By the power of your great love


My debt is paid there's nothing that can separate my heart from your great love




I hope this song speaks to you as it has, and continues to speak to me. This song, right now in my life, helps me see that God's love is the only true reason that I get up in the morning. There isn't anything, no heart break or break up, or word, or circumstance, or fear, or rejection, or absolutely anything else that will keep God's love from me. No matter what I've done, or what I've faced, there isn't ANYTHING that will keep God from loving me completely and unconditionally!


Have you felt His love for you lately? Have you allowed Him to wrap His amazing arms of love aroung you and meet you exaclty where you are? I encourage you to let Him, there's absolutely nothing like it!




Broken,




Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment