Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Enjoying the Singleness

I wrote this blog back in 2006, and not alot has changed.  As most of you know, I had a relationship, a real one, and we spent one Valentines Day together---although neither one of us had any money, so even though we were "inlove," I don't count it.  So I hope you enjoy reading this blog:)

"Enjoying the Singleness:)It's Valentines Day and we all know what that means:) Flowers, candy, chocolate, and so much more, what is it they say? "Love is in the air." In my 33 years of life, I can say that I have had a Valentine only once, and he was broke so the flowers I recieved, I got about a week later (his payday).  We didn't go out on a date, I didn't get the box of chocolates, or the 'celebration' of our love; so looking back, I choose to not count it as a Valentine...he was my boyfriend and I his girlfriend, but there wasn't really a Valentine. 
Anytime I ever got flowers or candy it was from my dad, or my brother (cause I have a really thoughtful one:))  I go through stages where I think, "Why me?" "When is it going to be my turn?" "When am I going to get my Valentine?" Every year I think "next year, next year I will have a Valentine" and that never happens.   You know what though? I am okay with it. I love being single. I love my life. I love who I am. Yes, there are times when I get lonely, times when I want someone to share my life with, but I know that in God's perfect timing, He will bring him to me, but until then I must rest in the arms of Jesus. 


Being single isn't a curse, it is a blessing, a gift. There are things that I can do with my life that I couldn't do if I were attached. I have more time. I can do whatever I want, go wherever I want without having to ask someone for permission, or consider them when making decisions, life altering decisions.

So, I will enjoy my time and when the time comes for me to have my Valentine, I will look back and be thankful for the time that I have had to myself....to get to know me:)

So, to all my single friends---Enjoy every moment that you have to get to know yourself, to get to spend with yourself. They will be gone before you know it:)

To my married friends---Enjoy your spouse, don't take them for granted, appreciate them, give thanks for them, love them---know just how lucky you are--that you have been given the opportunity to share your life. your moments, with someone else:)"

Now, I wrote this blog 7 years ago---now, I have had a relationship with a man that I loved with my whole heart, and he shattered it into a million pieces.  I have learned that just having a "Valentine" isn't worth it, if he isn't the right Valentine.  I don't want someone just so I can get flowers and chocolates. I don't want a relationship just to have one.  I loved him, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't do it over again.  I wouldn't give my heart away so easily, so carelessly.  I would rather be single for the rest of my life, then to be "in a relationship" with the wrong person.  I have learned alot:)

Love to all and Happy Valentines Day!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment