Thursday, January 17, 2013

Perspective

Perspective...that's an interesting word, even more interesting is its definition...the facts known to one.
Facts known to one...FACTS...truths as one sees them, TRUTHS...
Perspective is a choice.  How I choose to view things, is a choice.  I have learned this well.  I could look at my life from many different perspectives.  I could see it through the eyes of my family (who all have their own perspectives), from my friends, from acquaintances, even from those who don't know me.  I could see all the things I don't have, or I could see all the things I do.  I could look at my brother's situation and see hopelessness, failure, rejection, disappointment, and a "lost cause."  OR I could choose to see what God has done...that Shawn would not be where he is today (spiritually speaking) without going to prison.  I could CHOOSE to see that he is not the same, he is stronger, wiser, and he's for sure spending eternity with the Lord.  I could look at my relationship with Tracy and see failure, pain, rejection, mistakes, disobedience, hurt, etc. OR I could see it as good, but knowing that there is something BETTER.  It's the perspective that you see.
When Jesus died on the cross, I am sure that there were people who felt hopeless...this promise of a savior and yet all they saw was death, pain, a dying man.  But, what if there was one who saw a chance for redemption, a dying man who would rise as a SAVIOR to the world?  Perspective.
Yes, I don't have a job.  I don't have a car.  I don't have a place of my own.  There are a lot of things I DON'T have, but the way I see it...God has a lot of room to show off:)  He has alot of room to work miracles, to blow my mind, to fulfill promises, to knock my socks off, and to receive all the glory through every detail!!:)
My challenge to you is maybe you need to CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE:)

Dreaming His Dreams,

Andrea 

No comments:

Post a Comment